~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Christians who write, we meet together to promote unity and fellowship, to encourage one another and to develop our skills as writers. We are a chapter of American Christian Writers, a national organization.

We meet at Grove Avenue Baptist Church, 1 block south of Patterson Avenue at 8701 Ridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229 in Room 211.

We typically meet on the third Sunday of each month from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Join us!


Click HERE for directions.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Last Marble Mover Hoorah (PTL) for 2006

Dear Christians Who Write:

As we close out 2006, I did not reach my goal of enlisting ten Marble Movers, but the 7 who signed on did themselves proud. They did all earn money (which would have been nice) but all made major strides in advancing their writing careers. Therefore, I'm a winner by proxy.

Listen to what Cheryl Black had to report within the last few days:

Tom,

I think your rule of 5 challenge was the best thing you could have done for this group. It has motivated members of RCWW to take their passion for writing to another level. They in turn have inspired other RCWW members to aspire to write for publication. As a result, we have been celebrating the accomplishments of published Richmond Christian writers for the past few months.

In response to your challenge this summer, I signed up to be a marble mover. For the first few months, I was diligent about recording my efforts. I was doing pretty well until school started and I had to focus much of my attention on my children's school work and extra curricular activities. I believe God honored my commitment to honor my God-given priorities as a wife and mother over my desire to write. I continued to work toward my writing goals when I could, but it did not add up to 5 marbles a day. However, my efforts were not in vain. I have been hired to work as a full-time ghostwriter. I wrote an article that will be published in a Christian magazine in the Spring. My name will not be on the byline because it was part of my ghostwriting services, and I am okay with that. I am getting paid to do what I love - using my passion, talent and gift as a trained Christian writer to share God's message of hope, restoration and life.

Thank you for being the impetus for the RCWW marble movers. To God be the glory.

--
Cheryl L. Black

No comments: