~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Christians who write, we meet together to promote unity and fellowship, to encourage one another and to develop our skills as writers. We are a chapter of American Christian Writers, a national organization.

We meet at Grove Avenue Baptist Church, 1 block south of Patterson Avenue at 8701 Ridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229 in Room 211.

We typically meet on the third Sunday of each month from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Join us!


Click HERE for directions.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Shenandoah Christian Writers Discuss Why We Write

This list came thanks to Kay Walsh of Shenandoah Christian Writers:

Reasons We Write

* It is a gift from God

* Relief from stress

* Words are my art and melody

* I enjoy it

* Without it, I feel empty

* To give hope to others

* It is a record and/or witness to my life

* Helps me see how God is at work in my life

* I have something worthwhile to say

* It's fun!

* Helps to prepare me to speak

* To share information

* It is a discipline

* I aspire to use the gift God has given

* To impact the lives of others

* To work through things

* I have stories to tell

* I like coming to the Shenandoah Writer's group so I have to write ;-)

Quote from Jen F.: "If you read what you want to write, you will write what people want to read."

Quote from Richard E.: "Your will, your words, my voice."

Quote from Donna S.: "When I read your article it was like eating desert."

(Quotes may not be exact, but pretty close ;-)

So have a Happy Reading and Writing New Year!

No comments: