~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Christians who write, we meet together to promote unity and fellowship, to encourage one another and to develop our skills as writers. We are a chapter of American Christian Writers, a national organization.

We meet at Grove Avenue Baptist Church, 1 block south of Patterson Avenue at 8701 Ridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229 in Room 211.

We typically meet on the third Sunday of each month from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Join us!


Click HERE for directions.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Thank You for Believing

Dear Tom,

A few years ago, I met you at the ACW Richmond Conference, and you told me you thought your group could help me. Wow! That was an understatement.

Traveling 90 minutes each way to attend the monthly meetings of RCWW was worth every moment on the road. I learned so much from all of you. Each month you all critiqued one more devotion from my cancer devotional. The encouragement, support, and prayers from RCWW have been such a blessing to me.

When Cec Murphey and Louise DuMont came to the Richmond Fall Conference, they helped me immensely with my book proposal and told me I had a manuscript that had to be published! Both Cec and Louise are endorsing my cancer devotional.

Lin Johnson will come to the ACW Richmond Conference in March. She was my mentor at the ACW Mentoring Clinic in Nashville. She is also endorsing my book. I found out about the Mentoring Clinic in Richmond when Reg Forder advertised it.

I cannot thank you enough for believing in my project and giving me the impetus to start a local Christian writers' group. My chapter is a small one, but we are an active group.

RCWW holds a special place in my heart.

Keep up the good work.

Love & Prayers,

Speaker & Author
Counselor & Bible Teacher
Yvonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site. Way to go RCWW. Thanks for all you guys do to make writing easier and available to so many believers, especially Tom. May you touch many more lives. - Patrice