~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Christians who write, we meet together to promote unity and fellowship, to encourage one another and to develop our skills as writers. We are a chapter of American Christian Writers, a national organization.

We meet at Grove Avenue Baptist Church, 1 block south of Patterson Avenue at 8701 Ridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229 in Room 211.

We typically meet on the third Sunday of each month from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Join us!


Click HERE for directions.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 13, 2006

New Cloth to Cloth

New Cloth to Cloth

My heart, if not my garments, has been rent
because my sinfulness has been revealed
and now, convicted, cannot be concealed
unless I will confess. I will repent.
O God, divide my thought from my intent.
A sharper sword than any man will wield,
the Scripture pierces me, yet I am healed,
confounding what the adversary meant.
But how, O Father, does my spirit mend?
For I remember how You have been wroth.
Yet higher are Your thoughts; thus, I intend
to store this treasure neither thief nor moth
can steal or can corrupt. No one will rend
this covering You knit, new cloth to cloth.

To bookmark this poem:
http://www.psonnets.org/psonnets/newcloth.html
Revival of Love
Psonnets and Other Poems of Life, Love, and the Lord
http://www.psonnets.org/
Copyright 2006 by Michael Rew
All Rights Reserved to the Glory of God

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's loving, redemptive Spirit is revealed in a powerful way through the words of your poem. It reminds us to make sure that we are operating in His Spirit and Truth or the "new wine" that He intends for us will be corrupted.